How to clean a feather pillow? – Over time, sweat and oil are produced during the night make the stain to your pillow which is why it is so important to wash every six months. After all, you break your head on it every night. Sleep is a very lovable activity. It’s refreshing, comfortable and most importantly. It’s a great way to relieve stress. But to be able to get the perfect amount of sleep, you need the right accessories. Beds and pillows are essential, which is why it is so important to invest in very durable furniture and quality like this.
To Clean a Feather Pillow Correctly
A new type of pillow, memory foam pillow is slowly becoming popular nowadays. This is a different type of pillow because it has the ability to reduce or even eliminate snoring and reducing your chances of having neck stiffness. Memory foam pillows have the ability to enable you to maximize comfort and relaxation, all while protecting your body from having muscle pain.
These pillows though may be relatively expensive. So it is normal to invest in some and maintain its glory with appropriate cleaning tools and practices.
Here is a step-by-step process that you can follow when cleaning your pillow foam pillow
- Collect all the cleaning materials and equipment you need to clean your pillows. This will include vacuum cleaners, laundry detergents, water, hoses or spray bottles and some hydrogen peroxide. A good alternative to hydrogen peroxide would be vinegar.
- When cleaning the pillow for the first time, always make sure you check the label. There are some details that you may need to take note of. These foam pillows may need special cleaning techniques so be sure to check them first.
- When everything is set up, take a vacuum and suck all the dirt from one side of the foam pillow to another. Why do you use vacuum? Washing will not allow you to get dirt that has been sucked inside the pillow until you use a vacuum, and you will be able to get dirt and others stuck in it.
- Using a spray bottle, pour in half a cup of water and half a cup of vinegar or hydrogen peroxide. Make sure that the same material or post may be the result of damaging your memory foam pillow. Shake the joint liquid and start spraying on the pillow. Make sure to focus on the part where there is a smudge because this is the thing you want to get rid of soon.
- Rinse the new memory foam spray pillow using the water hose. Squeeze the remaining water into the pillow afterwards.
- Next, sow in about 2 tablespoons of detergent with a glass of water in a spray bottle. Do the same process with the liquid before, just this time you spray on the entire pillow. This is the final cleansing process. Next, rinse the memory foam pillow back with water and squeeze the remaining water. Make sure to press all the water or the pillow will dry for longer.
- Hang the pillow and let the sun dry. Pillows should be nice and dry at night.
That’s all about some explanation of how to clean a feather pillow.